CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Learning About Towns

My kids have been learning that the whole earth is not one big town. They finally are getting that one of our Grandma's and Grandpa's lives in town, and the other one lives out of town. We also have been talking about how each town is far away from each other, and how they all (generally speaking) have their own library, doctor's offices, churches, parks, etc.

I found this TOTALLY cute paper bag town in the Hightlights High Five Children's magazine that we subscribe to. I wish I had a link for you to download it, but I don't think it is accessible online. But don't let that stop you! There are tons of pictures from the internet, or if you are artistic you could even draw your own!
Then all you have to do is glue them onto paper bags, fill the bags with wadded up newspaper, and staple the top shut. Wa la! A little town!

My girls had SO much fun playing with this after we had been learning about towns.
I don't know if magazine racks sell them, but it was the Highlights High Five December 2010 Issue.
Highlights

No comments:

Post a Comment